Written by Anne Molloy. Illustrated by Mary A. Reardon. First edition, 1945. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston.
Add Enlists Celly
"Addison Look had the old ball ground to himself this bright Sunday afternoon in late June. The only sounds that came to his ears were the clank of cowbells from the hill pasture far below him and the cries of the gulls circling over his father's fish weir. And his own heavy breathing. It was a long, uphill climb and he had taken it fast."
"Add Look wanted two things that summer. First of all, he wanted the other boys at Look's Landing to help him organize a baseball team and fix up the ballground, so they could play ball. He was going to the Academy in the fall, and he wanted to play well enough to make the team. Second, Add wanted to catch and raise a baby fish hawk, much against his mother's and father's wishes.
"When Add and Celly, his sister, set off to the point to catch the hawk, a busy summer began. ..."
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more books for children and collectors.
Condition*: Very Good/Very Good. Dust jacket: Small chips along the top edge; small closed tears taped from inside; pin hole on leading edge. Gift inscription dated Christmas 1948.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
* I will not share your personal information with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to convey information about your order and news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please provide Etsy with an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.