Written and illustrated by Annette LeBlanc Cate. First edition, 2007. Candlewick Press.
"Ray and Bunny lived together in a tiny apartment in the city. They were business partners. Ray was a magician, and Bunny was his loyal assistant.
"They were also best friends. They did everything together.
"Every Saturday, Ray and Bunny took their magic show downtown. But one Saturday, the sidewalk was a little more crowded than usual. And just as Ray said the magic word and Bunny was about to leap from the hat in a spray of glittering stars - the scene became a terrible tangle of balls and stars, juggler and magician, hat and - "Bunny? Bunny, where are you?" shouted Ray.
"The hat was empty. Bunny was gone!"
Where's Bunny? Hopping fast as he can away from the Juggler's pet pug. He makes it across the street - whew! - but then finds himself lost. Night falls and he's getting hungry, and as he starts down a dark alley he smells something familiar. Popcorn! His favorite! But mixed up in the kernals is another familiar sight - stars! And they lead him back through the city to his friend, the Magician.
Annette LeBlanc Cate's black/white/yellow pen and ink drawings are cartoon-like in the use of panels to advance the story, and reminiscent of the pen and inks of illustrator Edward Gorey.
Look for Cate's other children's book: Look Up!: Bird-Watching In Your Own Backyard.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more books for children and collectors.
Condition: Fine/Near Fine. Dust jacket: Minor shelf wear.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to answer your questions, convey information about your order, and share news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please use an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.