First edition of The Pythons Autobiography by The Pythons: Chapman (yes, dead), Cleese, Idle, Gilliam, Jones, and Palin. They'd buy it!
Created by John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin. Edited by Bob McCabe. Oct 2003, first edition, first printing. Thomas Dunne Books, an imprint of St. Martin's Press. (Copyright includes Estate of Graham Chapman.)
Now for something completely different!
"In 1969, six Englishmen (well, one was Welsh and another was an interloping American) came together to create a television programme about an unscrupulous, untrustworthy and frankly slimy theatrical agent named Monty Python. The resultant programme was said to be a Flying Circus, although no animals, clowns, high wire acts or trapezes were to be found.
Now, for the first time, Monty himself tells the whole story of all that stuff, admittedly using the voices of several other people to do so. Consequently, he is very grateful to Messrs Chapman, Cleese, Idle, Gilliam, Jones and Palin (at least one of whom is dead; Mr. Python sadly cannon remember which one, as it was all a very long time ago.)
Monty Python Flying Circus forever and a day changed the face of television comedy and now, more than four hundred years later (well, thirty years and a bit, really) people are still talking about it.
As Mr. Python said the other day:
"It's about time they stopped talking about it, and let us have a go. Firstly, Graham is dead so now we can say whatever we want about him. Secondly, Cleese is out of rehab and can actually remember life before crack. Thirdly, Eric has finally realized that The Beatles have split up and, no, they're never going to call him 'just on the off chance'. Fourthly, Michael Palin is taking a break from travelling to increasingly obscure parts of the world. Fifthly, Terry Gilliam is now such a financial liability/insurance risk that no one will back any of his generally insane ideas for a movie - and let's be honest, the man is mad. And, finally, Terry Jones thinks it's a good ideal too. And he's Welsh, so he should know. The result is this tome - some would say tombstone - that tells you everything you ever wanted to know about Monty Python, plus all the stuff you don't want to know, but will have to trawl through just to get to the juicy bits..."
In Which The Pythons Meet The Pythons
In Which We Are Born
In Which We Pretend To Grow Up
In Which We All Become Starlets
The Meaning of Death
If you loved Monty Python, or, rather, have no idea what it is/who they are but heard Graham Chapman is dead and are curious, buy this book.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition*: Near Fine/Very Good. Dust jacket: Mild shelf wear, surface scratch on back. Inside: Short crease of back endpaper.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.