1930s edition of Chatterbox: The King of Juveniles in very good condition with color illustrations and stories by various authors to inspire and educate.
Various authors and illustrators. Founded by J. Erskine Clarke, M.A. Circa 1930. Dean & Son, Ltd., London. This book my only be exported to South Africa through the Sole Agents: Central News Agency, Ltd.
In 1866, John Erskine Clarke (1827–1920), a British clergyman, founded Chatterbox as a wholesome alternative to the often violent and crass "penny dreadfuls" popular with boys, especially working class boys. Chatterbox was chock-full of stories to inspire, entertain, and educate, poetry, illustrations, cartoons, and odds and ends. While Chatterbox enjoyed a long run, from 1866 - 1948, it never displaced the delicious penny dreadfuls, to this day.
Son of the Trail - S. T. James
The Beach Party - Irene Mossop
The Immense Unexplored World Beneath the Sea - Edith Harries
Crooks and Cushions - A. C. Booth
The Cleverest of All Dogs - J. C. Bristow-Noble
The Down Special - Victor John
Cecily in the Cockpit - Beryl C. Lawley
Yellow Dog Dingo - J. C. Bristow-Noble
The Tame Explorer - Eva Chadwick
Spiders and Their "Parlours" - Alan Duncan
Forecasting the Weather Yourself - Florence Coates
The Mystery of the "Indian Queen" - Edmund Burton
Bird Language - Edith Harries
The New Mistress - Pauline Fletcher
The Voile Frock - K. Greenway
Danny Burton - Outsider - Ben Draper
A Mysterious Legacy - Jean Traill
Rivals - Samuel Jeans
Trevor Takes His Chance - Samuel Jeans
The Prince's Archer - Robert Moss
Night Hunters - Alan Duncan
Tone for Blackhurst - Phyllis I. Norris
America Calling - Grade Lloyd-Williams
Contrasts - Ben Draper
In the Wake of the Storm - Frances Cowen
The Sheep-Eating Parrot - Alan Duncan
The Only Chance - G. E. Hopcroft
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition*: Very Good. Lacks dust jacket, as issued. Cover boards with illustrated paper pastedowns: Moderate edge wear; small scuff on front; corners slightly bumped; tear to cloth binding at tail of the spine; back coverboard is loose but still attached. Pages are tanned from age but are clean, undamaged, and complete.
* Based on Guidelines of the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.