First edition of "Il etait une fois: 12 histoires a raconter", twelve French-language stories collected by Marie-Francine Hebert.
Written by various authors. Edited by Marie-Francine Hebert. Illustrated by Marisol Sarrazin. First edition, 2005. La Courte Echelle.
Marie-Francine Hebert (1943 - ), born in Montreal, Quebec and one of Canada's best-loved children's book authors, edited this beautifully illustrated collection of twelve French-language stories by various authors and artists.
The French title - Il Etait une Fois: 12 Histoires a Ranconter - translates to Once Upon a time: 12 Stories to Tell.
La petite fille qui detestait l'heure du dodo
The little girl who hated the time of the dodo
Written by Marie-Francine Hebert, illustrated by Marisol Sarrazin
Un monsieur nomme Piquet qui adorait les animaux
A gentleman named Piquet who loved animals
Written by Raymond Plante, illustrated by Marie-Claude Favreau
L'ourson qui voulait une Juliette
The bear who wanted Juliette
Written by Jasmine Dube, illustrated by Leanne Franson
Un petit garcon qui avait peur de tout et de rien
A little boy who was afraid of everything and nothing
Written by Stanley Pean, illustrated by Stephane Poulin
Gratelle au boi mordant
Gratelle with biting wood
Written by Jasmine Dube, illustrated by Doris Barrette
Une chauve-souris qui pleurait d'etre trop belle
A bat crying to be too beautiful
Written by Chrystine Brouillet, illustrated by Leanne Franson
Le crocodile qui croquait les cauchemars
The crocodile that was crunching nightmares
Written by Sonia Sarfati, illustrated by Caroline Merola
Une barbouillée qui avait perdu son nez
A smear who had lost his nose
Written by Raymond Plante, illustrated by Marie-Claude Favreau
Le petite fille qui voulait etre roi
The little girl who wanted to be king
Written by Marie-Danielle Croteau, illustrated by Christiane Beauregard
La curieuse invasion de picots-les-bains par les zebres
The curious invasion of pimples-the-baths by the zebras
Written by Raymond Plante, illustrated by Leanne Franson
Le petit frere du chaperon rouge
The little brother of the red chaperone
Written by Marc Tremplay, illustrated by Fil et Julie
Il etait une fois Graindsel et Bretelle
Once upon a time, there was Graindsel and Bretelle
Written by Sylvain Meunier, illustrated by Steeve Lapierre
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition*: Very Good. Without dust jacket as issued. Cover boards show minor shelf wear. The previous owner expressed himself in red crayon on the last page.
*Based on guidelines of the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or USPS box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise of this when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.