Original 1989 Rupert edition - No 54 - of The Daily Express Annual. Rupert and the Boomerarrow and other adventures of Rupert Bear and his pals.
Written and edited by James Henderson. Illustrated by John Harrold. Story coloring by Doris Campbell. 1989, original edition. Express Newspapers LTD.
Rupert Bear and his pals are as beloved in England as Charlie Brown and his pals are in the US. Rupert was the creation of English artist Mary Tourtel and first appeared in the Daily Express newspaper in 1920. Tourtel was succeeded by Alfred Bestall in 1935, who for nearly 40 years continued to develop Rupert Bear and many of the characters that inhabit Rupert's world and the village of Nutwood, and send him on great adventures. Bestall was followed by Alex Cubie 1974 - 1977, John Harrold 1978 - 2008, and Stuart Trotter 2008 - present.
The Rupert cartoons are "text comics", where the full text accompanies the illustrations rather than in speech bubbles and other text devices incorporated into the artwork. The Annuals included games, puzzles, and instructions for paperfolds. For many Rupert fans, the beautifully illustrated endpages are a favorite part of the Annuals, depicting flying umbrellas, elves, dragons and other fantastical creatures, faraway lands, and magical places.
CONTENTS FOR THE 1989 ANNUAL
Nutwood Airshow - Endpaper
Rupert and the Boomerarrow
Rupert and the Knight
Ruper and the Thaw
Spot the Difference
Rupert's Parachute Game
Rupert and the Power Flower
Rupert and Algy's Misadventure
Rupert's Picture Puzzle
Rupert's Memory Test
Rupert and Rika's Return
Answers to Puzzles
The Charmed Bookshop has the following Rupert Bear Daily Express Annuals :
50th Anniversary Daily Express Annual, 1985
Rupert No. 54, 1989
70th Anniversary Daily Express Annual, 1990
Rupert No. 56, 1991
Rupert No. 57, 1992
Rupert No. 58, 1993
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition*: Fine. Lacks dust jacket, as issued. Interior pages are clean, undamaged, complete, and unclipped.
*Based on guidelines of the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.