Edited by Peter Haining. First edition, 2002. Barnes & Noble Books.
Twelve more "chillers" to follow up on the first collection of Scary!: Stories That Will Make You Scream, published in 1998. Peter Haining, a British journalist and anthologist, collected the stories for both books.
by Philip Pullman
"Martin, Kevin and David are mates. They all go to the same school and like doing the same things. Today they are playing truant - but for a special reason. Martin, who's the oldest and always seems to have plenty of money, has ordered a video from the local newsagents, which the three friends are going to watch in Martin's house while his parents are out. But it's no ordinary video. It's called Snuff Park and Martin says that someone really gets killed in it. So all three are pretty nervous about what they're going to see. And when a strange boy none of them knows asks if he can come and watch, too, things start to get really scary - especially because the kid seems to know an awful lot about Snuff Park..."
The House of No Return by R. L Stine
Lost Hearts by M. R. James
Finders Keepers by Anne McCaffrey
The Black Dress by Alison Prince
The Sussex Vampire by Arthur Conan Doyle
Cloud Cover by Robert Swindells
The Ghost Horse of Genghis Khan by Russell Hoban
How 7 Went Mad by Bram Stoker
Kittens by Dean Koontz
Horror Snap by Pete Johnson
When We Went To See the End of the World by Neil Gaiman
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition*: Near Fine/Near Fine. The dust jacket shows only minor shelf wear.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to answer your questions, convey information about your order, and share news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please use an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.