First U.S. edition of Native Americans, a Ladybird Explorers Plus book for young readers who are learning about the history of North America's native peoples.
Ladybird Explorerers Plus: Native Americans. Written by Fiona Macdonald. Patrick W. Tafoya, U.S. Consulting Editor. First published in the U.S. 1997 by Ladybird Books.
An intelligently organized and written introduction to the Native Americans of Canada, the United States, and Mexico. This engaging moveable book is organized into a binder of easy-turning pages embellished with flaps, wheels, pull-tabs, and transparent overlays to bring the illustratations to life and highlight concepts and facts. For example, a pull-tab illustrates the migration of native peoples from north to south.
LAND AND PEOPLE
"North America is a vast and varied land, with high mountains, salty deserts, dense forests, and swamps. The climate varies, too, from icy cold in the Arctic north to blazing heat in the south.
One Land, Many Nations
For thousands of years, this land has been home to almost three hundred Native nations, each with its own way of life, customs, traditions, and beliefs."
Land and People
The First Americans
Life on the Great Plains
Peoples of the Woodland
Elders and Warriors
Native Americans Today
Fiona Macdonald (1974 - ) studied history at Cambridge University and the University of East Anglia and is a prolific author of wonderful historical books for children.
Patrick W. Tafoya, a member of the Dine' (Navajo) nation, consulted on the text and artwork.
In 2015, London-based Ladybird Books celebrated 100 years of publishing books for for generations of British children.
Condition*: Near Fine. All of the book's mechanics are in working order. A great book for a teacher's personal stash.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.