Written by Eoin Colfer. Illustrated by Owen Richardson. First American edition, 2010. Disney - Hyperion Books, an imprint of Disney Book Group.
In 2010, the 70th anniversary year of Puffin Books, the children of Great Britain voted Irish author Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl the "Puffin of Puffins", their favorite all-time children's classic, which Colfer called his "proudest professional moment"
Who is Artemis Fowl?
A criminal mastermind.
And he is only twelve years old."
In book #7. Artemis seems to have lost his mind. At least, Captain Holly Short is unwilling to believe that Artemis, the great criminal mastermind, would in his right mind risk his entire ill-gotten fortune to save the planet.
From the jacket:
"Captain Holly Short...discovers that Artemis is suffering from Atlantis Complex, a psychosis common in guilt-ridden fairies, not humans, and most likely triggered in Artemis by his dabbling in fairy magic. Symptons include obsessive-compulsive behavior, paranoia, multiple personality disorder and, in extreme cases, embarrassing professions of love to a certain feisty LEPrecon fairy."
Unfortunately, Atlantis Complex has struck at the worst possible time... Can Artemis escape the confines of his mind - and the grips of a giant squid - in time to save the underwater metropolis and its fairy inhabitants?"
In book #7 in the series, Artemis and Captain Short also face-off against Turnball Root, the criminal brother of the late Julius Root, and a real piece of work.
The symbols that run along the bottom of the pages throughout the book are Gnommish, the language of the fairies, which Artemis believes the Egyptians may have borrowed.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more fine books for young readers and collectors.
Condition: Near Fine/Fine. There is a slight bump along the top edge of the front cover board.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
* I will not share your personal information with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to convey information about your order and news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please provide Etsy with an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.