Written by Judy Blume, illustrated by James Stevenson. First edition, 2008. Delacorte Press, an imprint of Random House Children's Books.
Going, Going, Gone! is the third book of Judy Blume's series, The Pain and The Great One. To her brother Jacob Edward, Abigail's the Great One because she thinks she's so great - "I don't think it, I know it!" - and to Abigail, he's the Pain, "even if he lives to be one hundred years old". In this collection of seven funny stories, Abigail, Jacob and parents go to the beach, the mall, a county fair, Grandpa's, and the emergency room.
The Pain and The Great One
Soupy Saturdays with the Pain and the Great One
Cool Zone with the Pain and the Great One
Going, Going, Gone! the Pain and the Great One
Friend or Fiend? the Pain and the Great One
Blume has received an American Library Association award for lifetime achievement, the Library of Congress living legends award, and a National Book Foundation medal for distinguished contribution to American letters.
James Stevenson's illustrations are alive and fun, a perfect fit for this book. He's written and illustrated more than 100 books, and delighted and enlightened readers of The New Yorker with his covers and cartoons for over forty years.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more fine books for young readers and collectors.
Condition: Near Fine/Near Fine. One page was dog-eared. The dust jacket shows only minor shelf wear.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
* I will not share your personal information with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to convey information about your order and news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please provide Etsy with an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.