A first edition of Sunny Boy: The Life and Times of a Tortoise - Candace Fleming, Anne Wilsdorf - A tortoise is plucked from his happy place and goes on the adventure of several human lifetimes. First Edition.
Written by Candace Fleming, illustrated by Anne Wilsdorf. 2005, stated first edition, first printing. Melanie Kroupa Books, an imprint of Farrar, Strauss & Giraux.
The story begins with a tortoise resting on his rock, watching a butterfly overhead:
"I have always longed for the quiet life. Even as a hatchling, fresh from my egg, I never once frolicked or played. No, I preferred slow-paced days and basking on sun-warmed rocks.
But one fateful morning, I was plucked from my rock like a grape from its vine."
Boxed....shipped...bound for the soup pots of New York City's finest restaurants!"
But fate twists. Instead of landing in hot water, I landed in Pelonius Pimplewhite's lap..."
Thus begins the tale of Sunny Boy the tortoise and Uncle Pelonius, his nephews Cornelius, Augustus, and Biff, and dear Euphemia. The tortoise is a long-lived creature.
At the end of the story, we learn that there really was a tortoise named Sunny Boy who survived a ride over Niagara Falls in a barrel.
Candace Fleming is an award-winning children's book author who also writes non-fiction.
Learn more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Fleming
Anne Wilsdorf's funny, energetic illustrations have graced books in the U.S. and Europe.
Learn more: fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Wilsdorf
Condition*: Very good/Near fine. The front endpaper, top right corner, has a small shadow from a sticker. The dust jacket shows minor shelf wear.
*Based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.