First edition of A Cottage Garden Alphabet: Whimsical, garden-themed alphabet book utilizes beautifully rendered paper cutouts. By Andrea Wisnewski.
Written and illustrated by Andrea Wisnewski. 2002, stated first edition. David R. Godine, Publisher.
I found this book on a day I needed a quiet moment in a pretty garden. Gather up your sweet child and find a quiet place and spend some time on the A, B, Cs represented by hand-colored papercuts. A is for Arbor, B is for Beehive, C is for Cottage...M is for Morning Glory...S is for Scarecrow...Z is for Zucchini.
A wonderful theme for a baby shower or child's birthday party!
Andrea Wisnewski's illustrations are created from hand-colored or layered paper cutouts, techniques based on old world Polish Wycinanki and German Scherenschnitte. She and her husband, a graphic designer, live and work in Connecticut and own Running Rabbit Press. In addition to books, they design and produce greeting cards, wedding invitations, bookplates, prints,logos, and other printed materials.
Andrea's other books -
Trio: The Tale of a Three-Legged Cat
Little Red Riding Hood
Little Old Farm Folk
The Ink Garden of Brother Theophane
Condition*: Fine/near fine. The dust jacket shows only minor shelf wear.
*Based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
* I will not share your personal information with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to convey information about your order and news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please provide Etsy with an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.