Written by Angela Banner. Illustrated by Bryan Ward. Reprint, UK, 1964; first UK edition, 1961, first 1963. Edmund Ward (Publishers) LTD, London.
The beloved Ant and Bee ABC book series by Angela Banner helped generations of British children learn to read.
"More and More Ant and Bee is again a progressive ABC, written as a story, which helps the child who has just started to read with five-letter words. The main part of the story is printed in black for the adult to read, and the simple three- and four-letter words which have occurred in earlier stories, with the new five-letter words, appear in red. These the young reader quickly and eagerly learns, as he follows Bee's and Ant's entertaining activities, and by calling them out he helps to tell the story. This time Ant and Bee go to play with a little girl while her parents are away, and earlier readers of the series will welcome the reappearance of their old and valued friend, Kind Dog."
Angela Mary Maddison (nee' Lincke) (1923 - 2014) wrote twenty-two Ant and Bee books under the pseudonym Angela Banner, and also illustrated the last four books. She began writing the stories to teach her son to read, and published the first book in 1950. The books feature simple words, lively and colorful illustrations, and the charming characters Ant, Bee, Kind Dog, and the Zoo Man.
Bryan Ward (1925 - 1987) was a British artist who worked as a freelance animator and illustrator at the height of the era of animated film. He illustrated all but the last four Ant and Bee books.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more fine books for young readers and collectors.
Condition*: Very Good. Missing dust jacket. Illustrated orange cloth cover boards: Moderate shelf wear; lightly bumped at corners; bumped at head and tail of the spine with small closed tear at the tail; rubbing along spine; light soiling, front and back, with a nickel-sized stain and a small stain on the back. Light purple crayon on title page and page 99, and light soiling from handling on some pages, else pages are undamaged and complete.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to answer your questions, convey information about your order, and share news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please use an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.