Illustrated by Bud Sagendorf. Edition #667, 1955. King Features Syndicate. Wonder Books, a Division of Grosset & Dunlap, Inc, New York.
"Down by the sea there lived a spinach-eating sailor named Popeye and his little boy, Swee'pea.
"Popeye was not a big man but he was strong because he ate so much spinach.
"One day Wimpy, Popeye's friend, decided to take Swee'Pea fishing. They set out from shore in a little rowboat."
Wimpy and Swee'Pea are so busy fishing they don't notice a storm blowing in. Popeye knows - his pipe started spinning! He acts fast, throwing an anchor out to sea to catch the little rowboat and bring them in. Seeing him struggle, his girlfriend Olive runs to the beach with a big can of spinach. Popeye downs the spinach and, stronger than ever, pulls in the little boat and saves the day!
Bud Sagendorf (1915 - 1994) started as an assistant to E. C. Segar, Popeye's creator, working on the Thimble Theater and Sappo comic strips. Following Segar's death in 1938, Sagendorf took over Popeye and helped design Popeye toys and games. He was Popeye's artist until he retired in 1986.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more fine books for young readers and collectors.
Condition*: Very Good. Lacks dust jacket, as issued. Illustrated cover boards: Moderate shelf wear; pinpoint indentations on the front, top right; small gray spot on the front, top left; faint, shallow scratches, front and back; light bumping at the corners; bumped at head and tail of the spine; cracking along the spine. Pages are clean, undamaged, and complete.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to answer your questions, convey information about your order, and share news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please use an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.