Written and illustrated by Hachiro Kanno. First edition, 2003. Le Grand Livre Du Mois, Paris.
Artist Hachiro Kanno's seemingly small, compact tour of Provence, France, unfolds into a beautiful two-sided page of scenes from Provence.
Slipcase text, translated from French by Google Translate:
"Japanese painter and calligrapher, Hachiro Kanno, settled in Paris in 1968. His curiosity for other cultures and the proliferation of his exhibitions led him to the four corners of the world. Hachiro Kanno has a sense of travel: he takes the time to contemplate nature, to watch people in their daily lives. Equipped with his pencils, his brushes and his inks, he likes to capture the moments where the magic of life works. With its washes of a subtle play of black and gray, this work offers a double perspective on Provence: on one side lavender fields, the villages of Saint-Remy-de-Provence, Gordes, Aubagne; on the other, markets, folk dances, children in the streets of Marseille... According to the Zen spirit, all creation is inseparable from a meditation on life: the artist therefore gives us here some haikus from its composition, “moment-poems” which reflect a fleeting and eternal universe."
Hachiro Kanno (1944 - ), born in Tochigi-Ken, Japan, works and lives in Paris, France. He is known for his abstract paintings that combine elements of Japanese calligraphy and western art. He calls his style "permanescence", which means the expression of the eternal essence of things. He uses ink, acrylic, oil and collage to create dynamic compositions that reflect his inner state and his cultural identity. He has exhibited his works in Japan, France, Germany, Switzerland and other countries.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more fine books for young readers and collectors.
Condition: Fine/Near Fine. Slipcase: Very light shelf wear. Book's fold-out pages are clean, undamaged, and complete.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to answer your questions, convey information about your order, and share news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please use an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.