Written by Theodor Seuss Giesel, "Dr. Seuss". Book B-30, 1965 edition. I Can Read It All By Myself, Beginner Books, A Division of Random House, Inc.
What begins with A?
"Aunt Annie's alligator....A...a...A"
Dr Seuss's ABC was first published in 1963. This edition was reprinted no later than 1965, based on the dust jacket design, referred to as Back "R" used for select jackets through the end of 1968, and the order of books listed on the back flap. The most recent Beginner Book listed, Fox In Socks, and the most recent of the larger sized books, I had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew, were both published in 1965.
Theodor Seuss Geisel, "Dr. Seuss", (1904 - 1991) was an American writer and cartoonist who created more than 60 books for children. He began his career as an illustrator and advertiser, but soon found his passion for writing and drawing whimsical characters and stories. Some of his most famous books are Horton Hears a Who, The Cat in the Hat, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Green Eggs and Ham, The Lorax, and Oh, the Places You'll Go! He won many awards for his work, including a Pulitzer Prize Special Citation in 1984.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition: Very Good/Poor. Dust jacket: Moderate shelf wear; edge wear with some chipping; three open tears, one small closed tear on the front; two open tears on the back; corners and tail of the spine are bumped; brown spotting, back of the jacket. Illustrated cover boards: Light shelf wear; corners and tail of the spine are bumped. Pages are clean, undamaged, and complete.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to answer your questions, convey information about your order, and share news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please use an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.