Illustrated by Norman Messenger. First American edition, 195. Dorling Kindersley Publishing.
"Have you ever dreamed of mixing with the stars? Now you can create more than 2,500 new 'celebrities' by mixing and matching fragments of the twelve famous faces that make up this endlessly entertaining book. Computer 'morphing' turns one face into another on the video screen, and now Norman Messenger has done the same thing with his hilarious illustrations and clever paper play."
Renowned illustrator and children's book author Norman Messenger has created many imaginative and whimsical worlds with his distinctive style and playful sense of humor. His books include The Land of Neverbelieve, Imagine, and The Magic Garden. He is also a co-founder of the Association of Illustrators and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more fine books for young readers and collectors.
Condition*: Very Good. Lacks dust jacket, as issued. Illustrated cover boards with moderate shelf wear are lightly bumped at the corners and head and tail of the spine. Gift inscription top of front pastedown else pages are clean, complete, and undamaged. Mechanical elements are intact and working.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
* I will not share your personal information with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to convey information about your order and news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please provide Etsy with an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.