Written and illustrated by Dina-K. Tourneur. Published December 1980. Number edit-impr 1517. Casterman, Publishers. Belgium.
Marmouset is a charming little girl and the star of the Marmouset series of French-language children's books created as both teaching tools and fun reads.
In Marmouset Chipe Une Pomme, or Marmouset Steals an Apple, her mother sends her to the green grocer for vegetables for dinner, and she steals an apple. When she gets home, her mother notices her behaving strangely and asks if she's hiding something, but Marmouset says no. When her sister asks for help setting the table, she snarls that she has no time. Instead, she sneaks to the basement and greedily gobbles down the apple. At dinner she starts to feel bad. She goes to bed and they send for the doctor. He blames it on colic, not knowing she'd eaten a too-green apple. The lesson is that while Marmouset may have gotten the stolen apple past her mother and father, she still paid a price for it.
Dina Kathelyn Tourneur, a.k.a. Dina-K. Tourneur and Dina Kathelyn, is a Belgian children's book author and illustrator who helped create the French-language Marmouset series for Casterman publishers in the 1970s. She is known for her expressive and colorful style and her ability to create engaging characters and stories.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more books for children and collectors.
Condition: Very Good. Lacks dust jacket, as issued. Illustrated cover boards: Light shelf wear. Hinge is starting to loosen. Pages are clean, undamaged, and complete.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
* I will not share your personal information with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to convey information about your order and news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please provide Etsy with an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.