Illustrated by Taro Miura. First U.S. edition, 2006. Chronicle Books LLC.
"A man lifts a 50-pound girder. A forklift moves a 1-ton load. A wheelbarrow, a crane, a truck, a train all transport increasingly heavy objects as Taro Miura's deceptively simple book unfolds. Children will delight in the arresting images of workmen and their equipment. And as the weight increases so will their understanding of how we measure it. A dramatic gatefold spread and a brief explanation of different measurement systems complete the picture as this unique book makes learning about weight absolutely effortless."
Taro Miura (1968 - ) made his debut as a children's picture book author and illustrator in 1983 with "My Grandfather". Since then, he has published many works, such as The Tiny King, The Big Princess, Tools (a follow-up to Ton), and Bum Bum. His works have high design quality using geometric shapes and colors, loved by children all over the world.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more books for children and collectors.
Condition: Very Good/Very Good. Dust jacket: Light shelf wear; light sunning along the spine. Illustrated cover boards: Two tiny indentations on the lower edges, front and back. Pages are clean, undamaged, and complete.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges, and cancellations
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
* I will not share your personal information with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to convey information about your order and news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please provide Etsy with an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.