This book belongs in your Christmas repertoire: 1993 first edition of Santa Calls by William Joyce.
Written and illustrated by William Joyce. 1993 first edition, first printing. A Laura Geringer Book, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
"Art Atchinson Aimesworth was a very singular boy. Orphaned at an early age by a gang of desperadoes, he had applied himself wholeheartedly to the making of inventions, the quest for adventure, and the fighting and smashing of crime.
"He lived in Abilene, Texas, with his aunt and uncle, who ran a Wild West Show and Animal Phantasmagoria. He had a best friend, Spaulding Littlefeets, a young Comanche brave. He also had a little sister named Esther.
"If Art had one weakness, it was sweets and candy of any sort. If he had one flaw, it was that he was often mean to his sister Esther. But that was all before the amazing Christmas of 1908. Before the Extraordinary Adventure. Before the mysterious box arrived and changed young Art forever."
The Wizard of Oz meets Polar Express meets an exciting adventure to the North Pole to discover why Santa called for Art, Spaulding, and Esther. Correspondence at the end of the book between Esther and Santa solves the mystery.
William Edward Joyce (1957 -) is a writer, illustrator, and filmmaker. He won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film for The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. He wrote the Rolie Polie Olie and George Shrinks books, which were adapted to TV. The Guardians of Childhood series was made into Rise of the Guardians. He did the conceptual and art design for Toy Story and A Bug's Life. Disney based Meet the Robinsons on Joyce's book, A Day with Wilber Robinson. His many children's books include Tammy and the Gigantic Fish, Shoes, Dinosaur Bob and His Adventures with the Family Lazardo, Humphrey's Bear, The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs, and The Art of Robots, and novels The Sandman and the War of Dreams and Jack Frost: The End Becomes the Beginning.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition*: Near Fine/Very Good. Dust jacket: Light shelf wear; crimp on the back, upper edge; lightly bumped at the head of the spine and corners. Pages are clean, undamaged, and complete. Two letters to/from Santa tipped in at the back of the book.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.