Written by Jerdine Nolen. Illustrated by David Catrow. First edition, 2002. Silver Whistle, an imprint of Harcourt, Inc.
Dear Mr. Lester,
I would like to bring Plantzilla home for the summer. All year long, I sat next to him. I brushed him. I watered him. I kept his growth charts. Plantzilla is the only plant I care that much about. Besides, he might miss me over the vacation and wonder where I am. I want Plantzilla. ONLY PLANTZILLA. Please? I have had so much fun with him in third grade. I can hardly wait for next year.
Your soon-to-be-fourth-grade student,
"When you give a living thing love, you just never know where it will lead...
"Mortimer Henryson has always had a special place in his heart for Plantzilla, his third grade's class plant. But when he offers to take Plantzilla home for the summer, young Mortimer is in for more than he bargained for.
"All Plantzilla needs is a little water, food, love, and lots of sunlight. Mortimer's kindness comes back to him - beyond his and his family's wildest imagining."
Mortimer tells the story through charming, funny letters to Mr. Lester. There's even a note from Plantzilla.
Jerdine Nolen (1953 - ) has written many excellent children's books, including Harvey Potter's Balloon Farm, Big Jabe, Raising Dragons, and Thunder Rose. There's also Plantzilla Goes to Camp!
David Catrow (1952 - ) has illustrated over sixty children's books, including I Wanna Iguana, I Like Myself!, Are Pirates Polite?, and How Murray Saved Christmas.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more books for children and collectors.
Condition*: Very Good/Very Good. Dust jacket shows only minor shelf wear. Small closed tear on front flyleaf.
Shipping from United States
1-3 business days
Estimated shipping times
- Australia : 1 - 3 business days
- United States : 1 - 3 business days
- North America : 1 - 3 business days
- Europe : 1 - 3 business days
- Australia, New Zealand and Oceania : 1 - 3 business days
- Asia Pacific : 1 - 3 business days
- Latin America and the Caribbean : 1 - 3 business days
- North Africa and the Middle East : 1 - 3 business days
- Sub-Saharan Africa : 1 - 3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I will contact you only through Etsy or an email address you provide to answer your questions, convey information about your order, and share news exclusive to The Charmed Bookshop.
* In placing your order, please use an active email address to ensure that I can get in touch with you about your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gift wrapping and packaging
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
Order processing time
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.