For fans of Carrie Fisher, 1994 first edition of her third novel, Delusions of Grandma.
Written by Carrie Fisher. First edition, 1994. Simon & Schuster.
"For Cora, gestation was threatening to become a frightening, humorless, ill-prepared romp toward what would most likely turn out to be a lifelong bout with a kind of maturity that wouldn't exactly lend itself to her brand of joy. But that didn't stop her from attempting to fashion for others a cheap laugh from what was conventionally an intimate experience.
"Cora was beginning to experience the gnawing apprehension that somehow, and soon, she, too, would be rendered obsolete. The beast of her beauty, which she had formerly led around by the leash, would break free of her grasp and bound away, leaving her attempting to be interesting as hell. Already so many things seemed so very beside the point that even if she were able to determine how and why she'd gotten here, the here where she'd arrived was long past the point of no return, just outside of wedlock, straight past help, and precariously near death. Things had taken root beside the point, things ugly, leering faces."
Welcome to Hollywood, early 1990s!
"Hollywood screenwriter Cora Sharpe has taken to writing letters to her unborn child she's tentatively dubbed Esme... Her confidant and writing partner, Bud, has been on a bipolar roller coaster. Her dear friend William, AIDS-ridden, has finally taken leave of his life.. And in the vacuum that follows his departure, Cora's romance with quiet, gentle Ray has suddenly flickered and expired.
"Then Cora finds out she's pregnant... In a fight-or-flight confrontation with maturity, flight seems to have the upper hand. So when her mother, Viv, tries to rally support for her latest madcap scheme - to kidnap her Alzheimer's stricken father from a nursing home and take him back to Whitewright, Texas, the place of his birth - Cora, for once, is game. ..."
Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016), actress, remembered best as the original Princess Leia in the Star Wars series, and writer, author of Postcards From the Edge, brought intelligence, wit, and sharp insights as a Hollywood insider, daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, to her fiction and autobiographical work.
Visit TheCharmedBookshop.com for more first edition children's books.
Condition*: Very Good/Very Good. Dust jacket: Mild shelf and edge wear; small chip, front edge. Pages are clean, undamaged, and complete.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
"We respect your privacy..." What does it mean to you as a valued customer of The Charmed Bookshop?
* I will not share your personal information acquired in the process of communicating with you or fulfilling your order with third parties.
* I do not maintain a separate customer list outside of Etsy for marketing or other purposes.
* I will contact you only through Etsy and only to answer your questions or communicate information about your order unless you provide explicit permission to contact you via personal email or phone number.
EUROZONE CUSTOMERS AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)*
Information I collect about you, what I do with it, and how long I keep it:
1. Etsy hosts our shop and an Etsy-powered Pattern Website - Thecharmedbookshop.com - and facilitates purchases, payments, and shipping. When you order an item from The Charmed Bookshop, Etsy collects your full name, physical/billing address, phone number/s, email address, and payment information. In turn, I acquire your full name, mailing address, and email address in order to fulfill your order. I print a hard copy of your order receipt and a mailing label but I do not use this information for any other purpose or share it with third parties.
2. Etsy retains your payment information, such as PayPal, credit card, or other payment method. I do not have access to this information nor will I ask for it.
3. Etsy collects visitor data which it shares with its sellers. I supplement this information with additional data collected by Google Analytics. This information helps me identify potential problems, manage backend processes, and develop content. However, the data that I view is anonymous and does not contain personal information.
Please review your browser's privacy settings for additional privacy support. Your browser is the program you use to surf the Web, e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge/Internet Explorer, Firefox.
4. I will keep customer information as required by U.S. federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUESTS AND CORRECTIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Etsy to file a Subject Access Request (SAR) and receive a copy of your personal information or to correct information they may have about you.
To protect the privacy and identities of customers of The Charmed Bookshop, I will forward all Subject Access Requests that I receive to Etsy absent any ability to confirm the requester's identity or the legitimacy of the request.
*GDPR compliance is a courtesy to EU customers and should not be construed to supersede the laws of the government of the United States or local and state jurisdictions.
I wrap every book with care and ship it in a padded mailing envelope or sturdy box. If you're purchasing a gift, please advise when ordering and include a gift message.
1. I lightly clean books, as needed, but I don't attempt repairs or restoration. If you'd like a book restored, you'll find trustworthy, qualified experts in your area through libraries or museums.
I also recommend the following care instructions.
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works -
2. Photos are cropped and resized to Etsy guidelines but are otherwise unedited. Please contact me if you'd like additional photos of book details.
3. Descriptions of condition are based on guidelines from the Independent Online Booksellers' Association.
I'll process and ship your purchase in 1 - 3 business days, and I'll ship anywhere in the world via any mail or delivery service that Etsy offers. (Please refer to the Shipping section for average shipping turn-around times by region.) If I encounter any delays in processing your order, I will advise you in advance.